From Recipe Delights.
- Mix ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and some water with spinach. Pressure cook it for about 7-8 minutes (just before the first whistle).
- Cut paneer into small cubes. Keep 3 cubes separately for decoration.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the paneer pieces on ‘medium’ heat till they turn slightly brown. Set the paneer pieces aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of butter. Fry bay leaves and cumin seeds. Add chopped onion. Fry until the onions become pink.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala. Stir well.
- Add paneer and cooked spinach (grinded). Mix well.
- Put palak paneer in a baking tray .
- Add rest of the butter. Bake for 1/2 hour at 180 deg C.
Grate the paneer kept aside for decoration. Decorate. Palak paneer is ready to serve.
17 December 2009
- 1/2 kg Spinach
- 100 grams Paneer
- 1 Onion
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp. Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp. Green chilli paste
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- Vegetable oil as required